There’s so much to do and see during the holidays, and so little time for it. And while you’re probably planning and taking in as much of the experience as you possibly can, you run the risk of ending more exhausted than if you worked for a full week. Here’s how you can go about making the most out of your trip to Europe without feeling the constraints of time.
1. Take a Cruise Around the Mediterranean : The Mediterranean Sea has some of the most gorgeous sights in Europe. You can sit back and relax, and admire all of the vastly different cultures that border this relatively small region. A cruise can last from anywhere to a couple of days, to two weeks. Along the way, you can stop and visit the most defining cultural spaces in Europe such as Italy, Greece, France, and Spain.
2. Play a Few Rounds on a Golf Course : Golfing is one of the most relaxing sports there are. It might seem like a rather time-consuming activity when you’re trying to explore as much as you can. But, rest assured, golf resorts in Europe are located in some of the most breathtaking vistas. Golfing can be a great way to get some exercise in while enjoying the perfectly maintained greens, surrounded by ancient castles and winding forests.
3. Take a Guided Tour : Exploring European cities with all their rich history and heritage can be a very rewarding experience. But it can also be quite time-consuming, and you might end up missing out on some really exciting sights. Consider taking a guided tour instead in order to get the best out of the experience. Guides know exactly where to take you, and what’s worth seeing in a town. They can also provide you with information you might not find on your own. There are also plenty of themed tours if you’re looking for a novel experience.
4. Travel by Train : Even though planes can take you to your destination much faster, traveling by train can offer a much more rewarding experience. The time you spend going from one place to another shouldn’t be wasted cooped up, far away from all the buzzing activity that’s going on down below. By opting for a train, you get the opportunity to speak to the locals and admire the changing scenery.
5. Use a Couch Surfing App : Couch surfing is the best way to get to know the locals and find out insider tips most tourists miss out on. Couch surfing can make for some great stories, and it’s going to save you some money as well. Don’t underestimate its power or hesitate to use it.
During your holiday, you shouldn’t have to constantly check your watch and focus on checklists of places to visit. You should be able to make the most of your time spent in Europe, at a leisurely pace. Making the most out your trip to Europe is not about tight schedules. It’s about getting to in touch with the culture and heritage of the region.